Sunday 27 February 2011

1. An introduction.

Hello, hello. Welcome to my new blog, make yourself at home.

I thought I'd write a little introductory post for those of you who don't know me (which, even if anyone reads this, is probably nobody...) or don't know what this is all about. So, here are the facts:

  1. My name is Megan, I'm 18 (which I still find strange to say even 6 months after my birthday!) and I'm Scottish.
  2. I'm studying French and Linguistics at the University of Edinburgh (for those of you who don't know what Linguistics is, don't worry. I didn't know until about 4 lectures into the course). Also this year I'm taking a course in Sociology, because, well, why not?
  3. I'm a bit of a nerd, but I'm perfectly ok with that. Some of my favourite tv shows include Doctor Who, Firefly (which should NEVER have been cancelled), and other such lovely sci-fi things.  I also like Gossip Girl, 90210 and Desperate Housewives. Make of this information what you will.
  4. I am obsessed with the gym. I think this is mainly due to the fact that on my unemployed student budget, such things as gym memberships are a major luxury and therefore something I don't have. One day, though. One day I'll get back there.
  5. In contrast to my last point, I also adore ice cream and bacon sandwiches (not together. Ew). Give me a nice crispy bacon butty and I'll love you forever. A tub of Ben and Jerry's? Marry me now. I may love exercise but I am definitely not a health freak.
  6. I generally find it very hard to think of things to put in a list about myself. Maybe this would be easier if we take it slow. Get to know each other over the course of time. Yes, I like that idea...
Now, about the blog! Well, I have been blogging on and off (mostly off, really) for the past few years, just about my life in general, but that got boring. I like having a place to just write down my thoughts and stuff, but because there was no real structure or reason to it, it started to feel like I was just a whiny teenager begging for the approval of someone, anyone, as long as I was getting some attention. It wasn't cool. So, I thought to myself, what am I going to do about this? I didn't want to just give up, or even worse, just start putting everything in a diary (shock horror!) (yes, I did have a diary when I was younger but looking back on it, it's just hilariously pathetic. That's a place I'd rather not revisit, thank you very much). I realised that I needed a purpose, something definite to keep me from straying into whinge city or taking a detour through boredomville. 
So here we are. The student experience. It seems as good a point as any to focus on, so that's what I shall be doing. If you have any suggestions for a specific part of student life for me to talk about (or if you think I should quit while I'm ahead) (or if you read this at all, actually, because I quite like you if you did), comment and let me know.


Much love!



Current mood: chilled
Current weight: unknown, due to lack of bathroom scales. Also due to fear of said weight.
Current nail colour: badly done french manicure. I did them myself!
Alcoholic beverages this week: 3 (or maybe 4. Not many anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment